From Battle of the Immortals Wiki
Like Dragon Island (DI), Fallen Darkness (FD) is one of the top priority instances, completed daily by those looking to earn some quick and easy EXP. Most often a run of instances will consist of DI and FD, and then HEX, ZG, DE, SI, GIZA, EW, or LH depending on the parties level range and interests.
Feel free to watch the Fallen Darkness video guide at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ORCI6yXEtk
- - Monster levels in Fallen Darkness are determined by the average level of party members (add all levels then divide by the # of party members to find the average).
- - Partying with players who are close to your level will provide the best chance for completion within the given time period.
- - To complete Fallen Darkness you will need to kill a total of 4 waves of monsters, 3 mini bosses, and 1 boss, all within 30 minutes (a decent Lv.85 4-man party can complete FD within 20 minutes).
- Tip: Until you've gained some experience completing FD, party with a full squad to assure completion. After you've become more experienced you should find that FD can be successfully completed by only 4 players, so long as they all know what they are doing (and preferable they will all have AOE pets). Having fewer party members results in more EXP per player.
- Finding and entering Fallen Darkness is easy. All a party needs to do is gather at the entrance location in Sea of Atlantis so that the party leader can teleport the party into the instance.
- Tip: Like most instances party members should come prepared: they should be fully healed; they should have various HP and MP pots in their inventory; they should have their pets ready; they should be riding whatever mount gives them the best buff; and they should have their Double EXP ready to be turned on.
- Immediately upon entering the instance the party must kill a single monster, located not to far in front of them and slightly to the side. This Orbus monster's death summons the first group of 20 monsters, which must then be killed swiftly before the party can move on to the next wave.
- Throughout this instance, all party members can beginning attacking monsters as soon as they spawn, but they should primarily allow their tank/s to gather the monsters together into one location. If your tank can not do this, or doesn't know where to gather them, it's best that somebody else either explain the process, or take over for them; as this is a time limited instance.
- Unless you can build up XP extremely fast, it's preferable to NOT use XP skills during this first wave of mobs. Instead just grind through them as swiftly as possible, and save your XP for the next wave.
- After killing the entire first wave of monsters a system message will show on everyone's screen saying that a Pillar has appeared in the Southwest. This pillar must be activated to summon the second wave of monsters. If you are unsure where the Southern area is, look at the map and click down in the Southern most area, or follow your party members (often somebody will post a clickable link in party chat, for the other party members to use).
- There is a total of 30 monsters in the second wave. And again they should be gathered and killed as swiftly as possible. This is easiest to do if they are all gathered around the blue ball, and then attacked with many XP skills after activating the blue ball. Activating the blue ball grants a temporary +50% Critstrike Rate buff to all nearby party members (they must be right next to the ball when it's activated).
- Note: It's best not to activate the ball if you don't know whether anyone has their XP skill ready yet or not. A little communication while finishing the previous wave is usually all that is necessary to determine when the ball should be activated.
- 10 seconds after the second wave of mobs die a Mini Boss will spawn not far from where the blue ball is located. Usually by this time there is another blue ball present that can provide another Critstrike Rate buff to aid in the swift annihilation of this Mini Boss. However don't fret if a new ball doesn't pop up, or if someone used the second ball to finish off the previous wave of monsters, as this Mini Boss is easy and should only take about a minute to kill.
- Tip: Don't use XP skills on any Mini Bosses in this instance, save them for groups of monsters instead.
- After the second waves Mini Boss dies a system message will show on everyones screen saying that another Pillar has appeared to the Northeast, and that it must be destroyed to summon the next wave of monsters. Again, if you're not sure where to go, look at your map, follow your party members, or click the link in party chat.
- The process for killing this wave and the Mini Boss is the same as the second wave.
- - Gather all monsters to the blue ball.
- - Communicate with party members in order to make the best use of your combined skills and the Critstrike Rate buff.
- - Remember not to use XP skills on the boss, or small groups of half dead monsters.
Remember that there are 3 critical strike ball buffs available during the 3 main waves of monsters (each with a total of 30 monsters).
It is always best to use your xp skills as a team and after you have activated the ball however, you will find that your xp will only be available in two of the 3 waves. To make the best use of the three balls i suggest that you use the first straight after it is visible. It does not matter if your xp is ready, just use your aoe skills instead, these also provide a lot of damage with the buff.
Use the second ball again, as fast as possible after it appears, if your team mates give your their xp status and it is not far from full then wait for them before using the ball.
If you have used the first two balls fast enough then a third should appear around the time the mini boss spawns. You will be notified at 10 seconds before the spawn so, wait by the ball and when the boss appears use it. It is also very helpful if you have a Berzerker in your party as the bloodlust skill quickly wipes out the mini bosses with the buff activated.
- After killing the third waves Mini Boss yet another system message will show saying a Pillar has appeared in the Northwest. Hurry to the Northwest area to summon the final wave of monsters. The process for this wave is the same as for the second and third waves: gather, use XP skills and Crit Rate buffs in concert, don't use XP on the Mini Boss.
- Hopefully, after completing all the previous waves of monsters and Mini Bosses you still have 4 to 7 minutes on the clock for the Final Boss, the Lord Mour. It's preferable to save a Critstrike Rate buff ball for use during this take down. It's also preferable to have plenty of instant and slowly replenishing MP pots handy, as this boss has a MP diminishing AOE debuff (this debuff effects both players and their pets). Good Luck!